1-Believe in your heart
- We have a separation problem. Our sin separates us from God, leaving us spiritually empty: Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Romans 3:10-12 “…There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands, no one who seeks God. All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one.
- God has provided a separation solution: John 14:6 “Jesus told him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.” (NLT) Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
- Take up that belief: John 3:16 says: “For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.” Ephesians 2:8-9 (NIV-WS) 8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. Romans 10:13 (NIV-WS) to 13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
2-Confess with your mouth
- Romans 10:9-10 says, “If you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.”
- 1 John 4:15 (NIV-WS) 15 If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God.
- Matthew 10:32-33 (NIV-WS) 32 “Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. 33 But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
3-Turn your back on evil and follow Jesus
- Mark 8:34 Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.
- Matthew 6:24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.
- Romans 8:9-10 (NIV-WS) 9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ. 10 But if Christ is in you, then even though your body is subject to death because of sin, the Spirit gives life because of righteousness.
***And the rest??? Mostly it is what all the different denominations tag onto the 3 basics to keep people enslaved to their version of “the truth” and that universal bugbear: “works”